We have our stove up and running again! With the addition of a second radiator, we are really enjoying the coziness of the yurt. Mike finished sewing the walls this weekend, so our yurt is back to normal (almost). My brother-in-law plumbed our shower while he was visiting (he’s a plumber and graciously worked on our bathroom despite being totally confused as to why we would want to live in a yurt). I’ll write about the changes soon. For now, here is our to-do list.
Pimp my Yurt 2014 (wish list):
sew a new outer layer of canvas add a few more windows refurbish the Rayburn (wood stove) with new fire bricks add a second radiator
- build a closet –> two rails (one for us, one low one for Alma) and a few shelves (for sweaters, towels, etc.)
- build another counter for the kitchen
- build ‘pantry shelves’ in the kitchen
- fancy up the bathroom and make it more toddler friendly (lower sink/step-stool, etc.)
- make a preschool area (easel, chalkboard, activities, etc.) —> aside from the extra windows, this is what I’m most excited forschool area